Blue Zoo has hosted a morning tea in support of the International Women’s Day and HeForShe solidarity movement, to raise awareness and self reflect on unconscious bias which enable gender imbalances. Also to create a safe space for constructive debate and the ability to question leadership with opportunities for improvement.
The 2015 theme for International Women’s Day is ‘Make it Happen’ . HeForShe is a solidarity movement for gender equality that brings together one half of humanity in support of the other half of humanity, for the benefit of all. The premise is simple, gender equality is not only a women’s issue, it is a human rights issue that requires unified participation to overcome.
Diversity in the Workplace at Blue Zoo
The movement is strongly aligned with Blue Zoo’s values, culture and services:
- Strong diversity within our team (gender, age, nationality), in fact more than 50% of the team are women
- For many years our results orientated and flexible working culture has provided a platform for enabling greater diversity
- We advise clients on social sustainability and corporate governance issues such as diversity policy being a critical component in establishing effective foundations of management for an entity
- We facilitate strategic planning and shape the significant decisions of many organisations, being able to influence forward thinking on diversity and other human capital issues
What are the benefits?
Some of the key benefits of embracing and enabling diversity include:
- enhanced corporate performance, reputation and shareholder value
- access to different perspectives, ideas and innovative approaches leading to better decision making and business outcomes
- delivery of quality outcomes for customers
- attraction and retention of top talent by ensuring the workplace is supportive and inclusive
- better business outcomes through leveraging the unique experiences of people with diverse backgrounds
- competitive advantage
- broadening of skills and experience in the workforce
- improvement in the quality of life for the workforce, their families, communities and society at large
- increased morale, reduced bias and prejudice in the workplace and reduced absenteeism
- Diversity Policy and ASX Compliance
- Human Capital Strategy
- Discrimination and Equal Opportunity
- Social Sustainability
- Capability Benchmarking